I recently had a harddrive crash in my MBP and it got me thinking about the software I use on a daily basis, since I had to restore all of it.
- Chrome, probably one of the best browsers out there today.
- Firefox, still use FF from dev work and some sites.
- Coda, a great all around code editor.
- MacVim, my co-workers have gotten me hooked on MacVim, though there are still some things I like about Coda so it won’t be taking over as my full time editor, maybe 50/50.
- Adium, what is there to say? All around best IM client there is?
- Transmit, another great tool from the guys at Panic, you can mount (s)ftp servers as local drives and other magical things with this tool.
- Clusters, compresses files on your harddrive seamlessly. I’ve already saved 15.6 gigs.
That pretty much sums up the software I use every day. I have to admit, when I started this list I thought it would be longer. I guess I use more websites and cloud services than I thought.